Monday, September 6, 2010

party in portland

For Scott's cousin's renewal of vows, everyone went up to Portland. The occasion took place at McMinniman's, which is on the outskirts of Portland. It's an old mansion farm that has been turned into a hotel with beautiful grounds, restaurants, golf course, and pubs. Everything is old style, such as you share bathrooms with people on your floor....we were a little creeped out by the old furniture and weird paintings everywhere, but the fun took over and we had a great time!
No. We aren't this strange...you had to wear either a hat, wig, or boa to the ceremony.

Wide-eyed Nic and I at karaoke!

After the weekend, we stayed an extra night to spend time with Julie and Rian. I miss them dearly and am so thankful we were even able to spend one day with them!

Rian and Ju at the place they took us for dessert...it overlooked downtown Portland!

Scottie and I at the Oregon coast.

Some of my favorite memories from this trip:
-Scott and Brandon talking like Bob Marley for two days straight.
-Being able to hang out with Nic whenever I wanted.
-The soaking pool.
-Lynchburg lemonades.
-Creme brulee.
-Frisbee games at the coast, Ju and I won everytime. P.s.

1 comment:

  1. Those are my most memorable parts of the trip too! Seeing my sis whenever I wanted! I have some better pics of us that I will get to you! That night this was taken was a questionable night to take photos. As I'm seeing the karoke pics come in I'm a tad scared of my performance lol.

    ReplyDelete