Wednesday, April 13, 2011

potty please.

I swear I have the weirdest problems.  A little over three weeks ago I noticed this lump on my lower left side.  I had a small pain there but figured I pulled a muscle.  Or it was something I ate.  Or it would just go away.  I didn't want to go to the Dr. and pay money for them to tell me something stupid.  Well.  Three weeks later came and the lump was extremely hard and rope-like.  It went all the way from the top of my girly part up the left side of my stomach.  The pain got really bad on Sunday.  Scott wanted to take me in but I wanted to wait until Monday to go to my primary physician because it would be a lot cheaper.  So in I went on my Monday lunch break.  After the 20 question game and him doing a pelvic exam and urine tests, guess what it is.  Freaking severe constipation.  Are you kidding me?!?!  He said he had never felt a large intestine so enlarged and un-hollow.  I mean.  Who knew deer pellets weren't normal?  So yesterday I had to drink an entire bottle of magnesium chloride.  I was nervous it wouldn't work and I'd have to do the Dr's next steps.  Enema's.  Or possible surgery.  Oh it worked!  I have since gone to the restroom 11 times over the last 17 hours.  Holy moly.  I guess three weeks of food can be a lot.  We're so thankful it was this and nothing more extensive or severe!
In anticipation of my new home for the night.  Scott
decorated our toilet and wrote a sign that said
 "Reserved for Brooklyn." This is what I came home to.
The entire night was quite humorous to him.  Glad
someone got to enjoy it. :) 



3 comments:

  1. So I'm just going to throw this out there....we need to get you pregnant so you can stop blogging about your bowel movements lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that it wasn't anything more severe too! What a funny random story. I love the toilet decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you not tell me Scott wrapped your toilet up!? That is HILARIOUS!! I'm glad it was just pooping problems and nothing else! <3

    ReplyDelete